Places to Stay on Tour

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by M0ses, Mar 17, 2014.

1. M0ses

M0ses

Hey all. My band is going on a short tour around the Midwest soon. Now, we're not exactly an international act, but from what I've heard, the rooms we've booked are pretty decent. Honestly we're just hoping to make it through this without losing too much money. With that in mind, we are really hoping we can get through this by "couchsurfing" rather than gutting ourselves on hotel fees. So I come to you, my brethren, and hope for the possibility of generosity.

The tour page: http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/annieb
    Our Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Annie-B-The-Complication/123263987752535
    Band website: http://anniebmusic.com/

The Schedule:
    March 28th: Wilbert’s (Cleveland, OH)
    March 29th: The Double Happiness (Columbus, OH)
    April 1st: The Washington (Burlington, IA)
    April 2nd: The Bottleneck (Lawrence, KS)
    April 3rd: Rock Island Live (Wichita, KS)
    April 5th: Cicero’s (St. Louis, MO)
    April 6th: Buster’s (Mankato, MN)
    April 8th: Turf Club (Minneapolis, MN)
    April 9th: The Frequency (Madison, WI)
    April 11th: The Oshkosh Masonic Center (Oshkosh, WI)

So, if you are in on of those areas, and you might be ok with letting four strangers crash at your place for a night or two (there are a couple nights in between with no gigs) then I would truly appreciate hearing from you. You would of course earn yourself all kinds of cool stuff like huge gratitude, get into the show for free, we'll hook you up with CDs and T shirts and all that good stuff. We're all responsible, respectful, drug free adults who smell great.

If you're in the area but aren't into letting people into your house, that's totally cool but I hope you'll check out the show! I guarantee you'll hear some music and have a good time. I don't know details, but along with the bands we've organized a bunch of local artist vendors who do crazy fun stuff that I'm excited to see myself.

Also, some of these locations are still looking for a local band to join us on the bill, so if you give us a listen and think you'd be a good fit, shoot me a message!

Thanks for your time, TB! You've been great to me so far!

2. sleeplessknight

sleeplessknight Supporting Member

The closest I am to any of those is Flint, MI, and I'm moving to Seattle next week anyway. However, you might want to check out airbnb.com. You can get rooms crazy cheap, rented by real people. Also, hostel.com is another good source for cheap lodging. Good luck!

3. vishuddha

vishuddha 100% Mediocre Supporting Member

I would've let you use my place if you were coming to Texas but I don't know anyone in those areas with a free couch... haha. Good luck!

4. BassCliff

BassCliff

Hi,

It sounds like fun, I hope you guys have a blast. Good luck with your lodging. Take pictures and share your adventures! I wish you all the best.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. M0ses

M0ses

Thanks for the positive vibes, guys! I'm counting it on being he time of my life. At least, until the next one.

7. M0ses

M0ses

Shameless bump

8. Nagrom

Nagrom

9. Stealth Fighter

Stealth Fighter

Nice band. Sorry I don't live anywhere near where your tour is going.

[​IMG]

10. M0ses

M0ses

That's my girl! Maybe I should post in the "I Back a Hot Singerbabe" club ;)

11. Stealth Fighter

Stealth Fighter

That's what I was thinking, so I did it for you. Hope you don't mind. She sounds as good as she looks, too.

12. spaz21387

spaz21387

I suggest building your band vehicle with bunks so you all can sleep in there!

13. Slough Feg Bass

Slough Feg Bass

lodging is pretty cheap in all of those places, you won't spend more than $40 - $70 for a double room w/ 2 queen beds.

talk to people at the club, they can usually hook you up with something.

I've played a lot of those clubs and you will find some nice folks to help you out, but don't count on it.

Spend the money on a hotel if you need to. Don't be cheap, it doesn't look like you and your band are 23 years old and happy to go without showers for several days on end.

14. M0ses

M0ses

We are a pretty wide age range: I'm 21 (not in a lot of the pictures and no videos - only been playing with them for 8 months or so) and our drummer just turned fifty. They get better with age, drummers, so I don't mind at all.

But, we'll do what we have to of course.

15. JazznFunk

JazznFunk

Disclosures:
    Lakland Basses Artist
    I admire you. I parted ways with my last band because they were/are content with going for days without much sleep and not paying for hotel rooms and living out of the van. I don't play well unless I sleep/eat well and get exercise. Guess I'm getting old. Good luck... I know from the time I did spend on the road that there are many generous people. One tip- if you do stay with complete strangers, pick up after yourself, offer to clean, cook breakfast, and leave the place in better shape than you found it. You'll make friends for life.