1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Planet Waves O-Port in my ABG

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gintaras, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Gintaras

Gintaras Supporting Member

I received an O-Port for Christmas.

[​IMG]

http://www.planetwaves.com/PWOport.Page

Installed it on my Fender Kingman and had only 10 minutes with it before having to pack it up. It was immediately louder but did nothing for the tone even thou they are TI Acousticores. The real difference was plugging it in. More clarity and much less feedback. I keep hearing about using tapes on your ABG and will try that next. Very happy with the results.
  2. abarson

abarson

Pics? Where on the bass did you install it? I tried a Kingman lately and thought it was one of the quietest acoustics on the market.
  3. Gintaras

Gintaras Supporting Member

Here is the link to the youtube video for installation.

For the kingman it was really easy. The unit is a soft plastic and is flexible. I just loosened the strings and stuck it in. I have it packed up to go on a trip in the morning, I will take a pic when i get to my destination. You can barely see it. Just a thin plastic ring around the soundhole is showing.
  4. rolandm

rolandm Supporting Member

I installed one on my Ibanez AEB5. Definitely a difference in sound. Compared to the one I have with no OPort installed, it is a much fuller and punchier sound, with more low-end dynamic.

It doesn't make it so loud that it will compete with an URB, but it definitely improves the presence and evenness of the tone on an ABG.

One wonders what would happen if they actually created an OPort with the cubic volume of your average ABG in mind.