1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Plate and Screen Resistors SVT VR

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by JOE EDO, Jan 3, 2013.

1. JOE EDO

JOE EDO Supporting Member

I'm having a difficult time locating resistor's for my SVT VR. Does anyone have a source for the VR plate resistors which are 5 ohm, 3W, 5% flameproof and the screen resistors which are 220 ohm 1/2W.
  2. megafiddle

megafiddle

You can get the 220, both carbon film and carbon composition anywhere, like Mouser or Allied.

What does the 5 ohm look like? Is it wirewound ceramic, rectangular, or shaped like the 220 except larger?
  3. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

4. JOE EDO

Thank you B! Your help is valued and appriciated....and I feel I owe you a finders fee:cool:
  5. B-string

Dedicate a song on your next gig with repaired VR :D
  6. JOE EDO

Female lead singer does a great version of Stand By You by The Pretenders....homage to you my friend tomorrow night. Will be using the 1973 SVT (which you also helped me with.)
  7. B-string