Play The Note - a quiz that listens to your playing

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by svtown, Jan 24, 2014.

1. svtown

svtown

I made a quiz that prompts you with a given note. If you play the right note, you get the next question. It requires you to have a microphone (built-in on the laptop works), an instrument, and for bass, probably an amp of some kind.

http://www.tamphan.com/playthenote/

It only works on Chrome for desktop or android. I tested it on Chrome for iPad and it doesn't seem to work.

The tuner isn't the greatest, so it sometimes has issues recognizing notes. F#/Gb seems to be an issue. Usually playing the same note but in a different octave will get you to the next question if you're getting stuck.

I've tested it with a precision bass with an amp sim and speakers and my laptop seems to recognize the notes ok. I've also tested it with an acoustic guitar.

Thanks for any feedback you might have!
  2. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

Any particular reason you made this?

As for feedback, a staff notation option would be good for those learning to read bass clef.
  3. svtown

svtown

Thanks for the feedback!

I made this since I wanted to learn the notes on a fretboard. I also wanted to try some web programming for fun. :)

I'll look into a staff notation option for the future.
  4. Zephrant

Zephrant

Cool, will try it later when I'm not on the ipad.

I'll second the request for just showing the note on the bass cliff as another mode.
  5. Register to disable this ad