Played a show, got a new amp!! GK content...

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by pbass6811, Apr 14, 2014.

1. pbass6811

pbass6811 Supporting Member

Media:
    Ok, so my band had an opening slot for a show with Faster Pussycat last night. They're touring with Red Light Saints and we got on the bill to play with them. Pretty cool. First off Danny(bassist for Faster Pussycat) and Andy(bassist for Red Light Saints, and a member here!) are both not only great bass players, but they're both really nice guys! It was super cool to hang out with touring pros and have them actually be cool and talk with us local guys. Anyways, I was talking to Danny, who had made a comment about my GK rig and he mentioned that he had a GK amp(he was using an old Sunn rig, which sounded pretty decent) that he wasn't using and asked me if I'd be interested in it, since he was gonna be endorsing another brand. I said "Perhaps, which amp and how much?". Turns out, the GK amp he wasn't using was a Fusion 550, and he sold it to me for $350, in an SKB rack! :hyper::bassist:

So I went to my gig with my 700RB-II and my Shuttlemax 12.0 back up amp, and I came home with my 700RB-II, my Shuttlemax 12.0 back up amp, AND a GK Fusion 550, which will probably become my main amp this week...yay.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. JcRico

JcRico Supporting Member

Woah, sweet score, that amp is killer!
  3. kleinenenten

kleinenenten

4. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Endorsments listed in profile
    Score of the year...
  5. Winfred

Winfred

Abso-fanlutely-tastic!!!
  6. Stank56

Stank56

Agreed great score, enjoy!
  7. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    This is an awesome story and score. Very cool! Enjoy that amp, I know I would ;)
  8. lomo

lomo passionate hack Gold Supporting Member

Win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. Chef

Chef Moderator Supporting Member

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Cool.

You could fit another one in that rack ;)
  10. cableguy

cableguy

I saw there show in Seattle. He was playing that through a GK 412 with a Spector Euro I think. Sounded AWESOME!!!! I really thought RLS was a great band.

And if you want to pay it forward and make someone a great deal on your 700RB-II............:bag:
  11. StayLow

StayLow

12. pbass6811

pbass6811 Supporting Member

Media:
    Yeah, I really dig RLS! My wife made the observation that she always seems to really like the band that plays after us, this show was RLS, the last time we played with Alien Ant Farm and the band that played after us was Pop Evil! Good stuff! Probably not gonna sell the 700RB-II. Might sell the SM 12.0 though...

Yeah, he asked me if I had seen that (I hadn't.), I got the feeling that he was slightly embarrassed and felt bad about it. I wasn't gonna dive into that. He was really cool to me from the the moment I got there until I left. I asked him several times if he really wanted to sell the amp and when he told me how much he wanted, I told him he could sell it for a lot more, he just smiled and said it was cool. I'm pretty sure he can get another amp if he has some emergency.
  13. FanOfAlice

FanOfAlice

Yea. Hes got a peavey headliner in the trailer. As well as a mesa 410. Hes just not a GK fan.