1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Players' Mods

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by IvanMunoz, Dec 21, 2013.

1. IvanMunoz

IvanMunoz

Okay, so I'm more of a player than a collector and I don't really strive to keep museum peice condition. So, light modding isn't really and issue for me.
    I figured I'd make a thread dedicated to small modifications that make playing said bass more comfortable/easy.
    Here are all of them I can think of:

-Dulling finish on the back of neck (hand doesn't get caught on the finish)

-Mini arm contour on binding (on my hofner with binding, where my forearm rests, I gently contoured the binding from a 90° angle to more of a smooth curved 45° angle)

-Fretboard binding rounding (lightly smoothing out the sharp edge of fretboard binding

I've done all of these on my main bass and it is a lot more comfortable to play because of it.
    Anyone else have more ideas for players' mods?
    Share them here.

2. FenderBassist

FenderBassist In the land of drummers, the bass player is king. Supporting Member

Adding switches to pickup wiring for pup/coil/phase switching.