1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Playing along with my ipod, through a mixer.

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by whatisacup, Feb 20, 2014.

1. whatisacup

whatisacup

So I recently bought a Behringer Eurorack UB502 to play along with some recorded tunes.

What I'm finding is when I plug my ipod into the mixer and then listen to my headphones, songs that have have a different track being played through each headphone side, aren't coming through. Only one side is coming through both speakers.

For example, one song has a solo that comes through the right speaker only on my headphones. When I plug it into the mixer, I don't hear the solo at all, only the stuff that would come through the left speaker normally.

This is hard to explain, but hopefully someone can help me.

2. derrico1

derrico1 Supporting Member

Are you running a stereo cable from the iPod to two channels of the mixer? If your cable has only a single plug on each end, look into something like this or (cheaper) this.