1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Playing Bass and learning songs on iPad

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by 513rocks.com, Jan 10, 2014.

1. 513rocks.com

513rocks.com Supporting Member

I need help and Mods if this is the wrong spot for this, please move it.
    I just got an iPad and was wondering if you can plug your bass into the iPad to learn songs? I can't remember the name but I saw a dock on Sweetwater that you plugg ur bass in. It says it works great with garage band but was wondering if I could use it to practice along with music on my iPad, YouTube, iTunes, just off the net in general. I have a Korg Pandora Mini but would like to see if I could do the same thing with iPad.
    Thanx Y'all

2. 513rocks.com

Griffin StudioConnect is what I saw @ Sweetwater

3. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

See if this fits your bill;

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irig/

I bought one in case I want to plug into and practice through my iPhone. That and I grabbed the free version of AmpliTude. It lets me pull songs from my phone's library, converts them into a format that allows you to play them back as fast or slow as you like without distorting the pitch (I'm assuming a .wav file…they're on the large-ish side).

4. 513rocks.com

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Skeeter1

Skeeter1

You will get much better sound quality if you use a interface that uses the 30 pin? connector like the Apogee Jam. there are others but I tossed the irig when I got the Jam. Also here is the IOS threa with more information than you may want on the subject.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=941283

7. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Nobody is stupid enough to actually pay me to play their gear.
    The iRig is cheap and basically disposable. I have one and it is fine for learning songs, basic recording, etc.

Likely a good introduction to playing thru your iPad though. I think it is $30-ish.

+1 on Amplitube too. The free version will get you up and running/recording and is pretty cool.

8. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass

Love my Apogee Jam. No hum, great sound. Would work for exactly what you want.

9. thorski

thorski

Jamup works for me.

Nice affordable amp and effects packs, too

10. joegrant413

joegrant413

I use Apogee Jam and jamup. I also recommend Anytune Pro, which I just discovered. It appears to be a great way to slow down, loop, and change the key of music that you want to learn.

Cheers, Joe