1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Please allow me to introduce myself...

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Beatkeeper, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Beatkeeper

Beatkeeper

Feb 4, 2014
    Moncton, NB
    Hello fellow bass freaks! I'm new to the bass and at the ripe old age of 51. Ordered myself a SUB Ray 4 in Honeyburst satin that I will initially run through a Crate guitar amp. I've been reading posts on here for a little while now and look forward to more education.:cool:

2. Beatkeeper,
    Welcome to the club. I'm envious of your choice. I believe I'd love a Stingray-styled 5string Sterling with that colour but I've seen on their website I have a choice of black, light white & natural finish. D'oh!
    Lots of good folks on this website with lots of experience. Have a great time!

3. Sponsored by:

to hide this ad and more.
  4. photogdude

photogdude ustonsucs Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, Tx
    i did the same thing, started late, my advice to you is take a few lessons at firs,t before you develop bad habits

5. Beatkeeper

Beatkeeper

Feb 4, 2014
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks Gents! Erik, I have been reading posts here for a while now and I have to agree with you...bass players seem to be a cool bunch. I'd like to think I'll fit in :)

Photo, nice to hear I'm not the only one jumping in a little late in the game :)) Lessons are in the plans...now, if the darned thing can only show up!! I ordered it from Long & McQuade one week ago...