1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Please allow me to introduce myself...

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Beatkeeper, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Beatkeeper

Beatkeeper

Hello fellow bass freaks! I'm new to the bass and at the ripe old age of 51. Ordered myself a SUB Ray 4 in Honeyburst satin that I will initially run through a Crate guitar amp. I've been reading posts on here for a little while now and look forward to more education.:cool:
  2. eriky4003

eriky4003

Beatkeeper,
    Welcome to the club. I'm envious of your choice. I believe I'd love a Stingray-styled 5string Sterling with that colour but I've seen on their website I have a choice of black, light white & natural finish. D'oh!
    Lots of good folks on this website with lots of experience. Have a great time!
  3. photogdude

photogdude ustonsucs Supporting Member

i did the same thing, started late, my advice to you is take a few lessons at firs,t before you develop bad habits
  4. Beatkeeper

Beatkeeper

Thanks Gents! Erik, I have been reading posts here for a while now and I have to agree with you...bass players seem to be a cool bunch. I'd like to think I'll fit in :)

Photo, nice to hear I'm not the only one jumping in a little late in the game :)) Lessons are in the plans...now, if the darned thing can only show up!! I ordered it from Long & McQuade one week ago...