1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Please help find the rightful owner of this P bass Neck!!

Discussion in 'Classifieds Usage Discussion and Help Desk' started by dinkbass, Feb 22, 2014.

1. dinkbass

dinkbass Supporting Member

Ok folks (and mods--if this is the wrong place to post this, let me know where it should go--) this is a strange one..

I got a text from my wife yesterday while I was at work that I received a big box in the mail...she said it looked like it was "returned to sender" because the shipping address was unreadable. SO---I got home to find a Fender P bass neck in a box that I had used to ship a neck I sold in February 2013...a full year ago. It's not the neck I sold. Obviously, my exquisite neck shipping box (fed ex triangular long box) has been making the rounds, transporting necks here and there....and somehow, during it's last voyage, most shipping labels were ripped off, leaving only my address (as a "from" address when I used it) is all that remains, so the box was delivered to me yesterday. I've already contacted the member on here that I sold/shipped a neck to in that box a year ago, and he said he's probably re-used the box while unloading some parts a while back.

SO--

My hopes are that the neck in question was sold here in TB recently, (or not so recently), and either the buyer or seller from the transaction will see this post, and I can get the back back to one of them.

Here's a pic of the box, and what's left of the shipping label:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't want to post pics of the actual neck, because I'd like whomever to identify it so I know it's their's. I will tell you it's a Fender Precision Bass Neck....Anyone out there know who it belongs to!!!

thanks TB
  2. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

First things first: contact your local Postmaster...he may have some tricks up his sleeve. You would think there would at least be some indication of postage fees paid when last accepted by USPS.

Riis
  3. wodock

wodock Supporting Member

I maybe in the middle of this and I'm trying to get a hold of someone who I sold a neck to.

If a moderator is looking at this I tried email a fellow who I sold this neck to and he has requested that emails are not be sent him. I did PM the fellow but maybe a moderator can get a hold of this guy. Let me know.

TW

4. dinkbass

Wodok-
    If you're thinking it's the Mark Hoppus neck, it's not.
  5. wodock

wodock Supporting Member

But maybe he used it for another neck...
  6. camardelle

camardelle Supporting Member

Holy Crap!!! PM incoming!!!!! What are the freaking odds of this???
  7. philvanv

philvanv Gerbil Turds, Kitsap County Turd Core Supporting Member

Very cool that your doing a complete follow through to get the neck to the right person. I think everybody appreciates this thread.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
  8. dinkbass

9. camardelle

You rock dude!!!!
  10. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

Awesome! You da Man!
  11. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Okay, skip the Postmaster.

Riis
  12. dinkbass

so here she is- all packed up and ready to ship back to Texas....label is glued AND taped, like I always do!! I think this might be the last voyage for this box though...seriously. It's been hauling necks around for years...and it's getting kind of squishy..you know.

Glad this all worked out---

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. camardelle

Hey dinkbass, the neck got here today. I can't thank you enough. I just need to figure out what to do with it now. It's very well travelled. LOL

Thanks again bud. You rock!
  14. cybersnyder

cybersnyder Always groove.... Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Xsonics cabinets
    That box has mojo. I'll bet it sounds great.
  15. baba

baba Supporting Member

All of the packing tape must give it great tone. It really gets warmer as it ages.
  16. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Administrator

clearly this is the best box for metal
  17. camardelle

You guys lay off my neck. It's been through a lot over the last couple months. We are a little emotional. :p:p:p:p
  18. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

Yes, I was the one who received and shipped that box at one point in its travels. Yes, the tape does add great tone so I imagine it now has even more mojo than when I had it. It was definitely one of those boxes that I wish I had held on to, but like everything else there comes a time when one has to let go. Whoever is the final recipient of this box will have a good one for sure!!
  19. camardelle

For a neck with this much mojo, I think my price may be going up. LOL
  20. dinkbass

gotta go deluxe for the best tone...glue AND tape my friend...