Please Help Me decide on A Pickguard

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ejaggers, Apr 7, 2014.

1. ejaggers

ejaggers

Here's a Mock up I did today:
    [​IMG]

I'm thinking about a chess board PG for this EB0 I'm modding. I got my brigde pup today and I'm ready to roll.
    Iook on the gibson SG sight and 99 percent of the SG PG's are black. I want something different. All suggestions are welcome, so "Lets Rock"!!!

Mods In mind:
    o humbucking bridge pup
    o wired v/v/t
    o SG truss rod cover
    o custom PG

When I finish it should emulate this: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BASP14C2CH-14/
  2. RickBlair

RickBlair

I don't like the chessboard pattern but a white pearloid might look nice. I would follow the body contour to include the knob area, similar to a P-bass and also include the bridge pickup after it is installed.

Rick B.
  3. ejaggers

ejaggers

Thanks for your input Rick. I made the chessboard out of paper to get an idea, and I admit, it didn't look as cool as I'd thought. I'm generally not a pearloid fan but I like white on certain basses. This may be one where it will work. Your Pbass idea is radical, I like it!!!
  4. ejaggers

ejaggers

Anybody got the silver and black paisley PG on anything? I'm still trying to decide. I have a VM SS jag, red w/ black PG. So maybe I'll go mint with it and keep this one black. All SG I've since are mostly black and rarely white. Maybe it would look funny in a different color. Any opinions???
  5. Register to disable this ad