1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Please Help Me decide on A Pickguard

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ejaggers, Apr 7, 2014.

1. ejaggers

ejaggers

Aug 18, 2009
    dallas, tx
    Here's a Mock up I did today:
    [​IMG]

I'm thinking about a chess board PG for this EB0 I'm modding. I got my brigde pup today and I'm ready to roll.
    Iook on the gibson SG sight and 99 percent of the SG PG's are black. I want something different. All suggestions are welcome, so "Lets Rock"!!!

Mods In mind:
    o humbucking bridge pup
    o wired v/v/t
    o SG truss rod cover
    o custom PG

When I finish it should emulate this: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BASP14C2CH-14/

2. I don't like the chessboard pattern but a white pearloid might look nice. I would follow the body contour to include the knob area, similar to a P-bass and also include the bridge pickup after it is installed.

Rick B.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. ejaggers

ejaggers

Aug 18, 2009
    dallas, tx
    Thanks for your input Rick. I made the chessboard out of paper to get an idea, and I admit, it didn't look as cool as I'd thought. I'm generally not a pearloid fan but I like white on certain basses. This may be one where it will work. Your Pbass idea is radical, I like it!!!

5. ejaggers

ejaggers

Aug 18, 2009
    dallas, tx
    Anybody got the silver and black paisley PG on anything? I'm still trying to decide. I have a VM SS jag, red w/ black PG. So maybe I'll go mint with it and keep this one black. All SG I've since are mostly black and rarely white. Maybe it would look funny in a different color. Any opinions???