Please help me identify my Warwick

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ToonD, Jan 11, 2014.

1. ToonD

ToonD

Dear fellow bass players,

I am really struggling to identify my Warwick, and because I'm thinking about selling/trading it I want to know the real value and what kind it is.

It's a blue Corvette std, active/passive, 1 volume knob that doubles as active/passive switch, a pickup blend knob and a treble/bass double knob (treble on top, bass below).

It says made in Germany on the wiring access panel and the serial number is C 142185 08. The serial number doesn't get recognised on the Warwick site but I figured out it means that it's build in march 2008. I'm really confused by the Warwick site because the only comparable bass I can find is the FCR model, and I'm pretty sure I never got a certificate with it... I bought it new.

Can somebody specify the exact model for me/and give me an indication of the price? Tried looking at music stores but there is so much difference in prices and models... Here are some pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Please excuse the iphone pictures.
    Thanks in advance!

2. ToonD

ToonD

Forgot this one:
    [​IMG]

3. Marihino

Marihino

It's a Corvette Standard from when they were still made in Germany. Looks like coloured oil finish on swamp ash. Definitely ovangkol neck and wenge fretboard. Don't remember the exact pricepoint, but they were the cheapest German model at the time, although the colour finish and active preamp were additionally paid extras.

4. 5stringthumpin

5stringthumpin Supporting Member

Weren't the colored models called corvette pros? Something like that?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ToonD

ToonD

Thank you. Didn't know the oil and active preamp were paid extras, and it is definitely a coloured oil finish.

Would I be able to tell whether the body is ash or bubinga? From what I've read to bubinga is supposed to be heavier and more low end, and it adds about 200 euros to the price...

7. Profania_bass

Profania_bass Profanity Fish.

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Spector basses, Winspear Picks, Spector Formula 603 strings
    It's most likely Swamp Ash body with an Ovangkol neck. These '08 Corvette's were pretty much all made with that unless it was a real special order, which it seems not to be. Just a colored oil finish. Probably get about $600 for it. Maybe more.

8. ToonD

ToonD

Think they're called Proline yeah

9. Marihino

Marihino

First they were Proline, then both ash and bubinga versions with any finish were named Standard and the Prolines got two-piece flamed maple bodies. Sadly, that was soon discontinued.

10. plong123

plong123 All Your Bass Are Belong To Us Supporting Member

It's hard to tell from the photos, but it looks like swamp ash. The wood grain on the top or the back of the bass should give it away. Google images of the two woods and compare the grain.

11. ToonD

ToonD

So I've got a swamp ash body according to my judgement going from googling the woods, ovangkol neck with wedge fretboard, active J-style pickups, oil colored finish, made in Germany, 2008 model Corvette std., worth about 1000 euros new (checked some sites) and should be alright for selling anywhere between 500-800.

Thanks everybody!