1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Please help me identify this Warwick 5 string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Slowburn, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Slowburn

Slowburn

Hi

I bought this. It's a long story, but I very much so would like to identify the exact model, general year range and country of origin. I have been told it sold for around 2 grand somewhere in the mis to late Nineties , but have no idea about the accuracy. I'm a total Warwick newb here. Ayn info helps!!!!
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass.com1357361018.009649.jpg ImageUploadedByTalkBass.com1357361129.918857.jpg

5 string
  2. csanders

csanders

3. Slowburn

Slowburn

Dude! Thank you.
  4. Slowburn

Slowburn

Actually didn't accept it because of pre dating 2000, but I'll send them an email
  5. simplebass

simplebass

It looks like a Streamer Standard,I owned one in the late 90's it had the same bridge and pickups. Allthough the truss rod cover on mine said STD which allways got a few laughs!
  6. Profania_bass

Profania_bass Profanity Fish. Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Spector basses, Winspear Picks, Spector Formula 603 strings
    Definitely am older Streamer, not a Rockbass line either. I'm sure the Warwick rep will be around here soon to help you out :)
  7. CapnSev

CapnSev Supporting Member

That's a German-made Streamer Standard. It was the most basic and inexpensive of the Streamer line. You can usually pick them up around $300 to $500 used.
  8. Slowburn

Slowburn

so, i paid $1,200. from someone who i trust. it was his father's, who bought it for $1,500 in 1999. Is there something i could be missing here, or did i just not get it at todays market price?

Thanks in advance. I havent heard back from warwick yet.
  9. bassteban

bassteban

You paid WAAAY too much, and I hope the original guy didn't pay over $600 new. Not awful basses, but nowhere near their better stuff

Edit: Yeah, look on ebay(search for *WarwickmStandard* then cull through to find a 2000 or older model, as the newer ones are a diff end series- IIRC the old ones are mostly German-made). I'd want a large chunk of my money back
  10. Slowburn

Slowburn

thank you for the info, bassteban
  11. krkozbassman

krkozbassman