Please help me to identify my Lakland bass guitar.

Discussion in 'Ask Adam Nitti' started by enirak, Jan 2, 2014.

1. enirak

enirak

Hello
    Thank you so much for your time. I need a professional help with my listing on Ebay about Lakland Deluxe 55 -94 5-String Bass Guitar , 2000, Black , FRETLESS .
    I'm afraid I made a mistake in my listing as I got a comment from the customer.
    Here is my listing
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=161171124272&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Here is his comment
    As the bass is 'fretless', I'm afraid I would no longer be interested at the price you are asking, as having frets installed would add about another £300 to my overall costs. It would be advisable to change the description to make it clear the fingerboard is fretless, as they are not so popular - fretted basses are played by the majority of bass players. It's also worth noting that it's not a Deluxe model as you state in the title. Deluxe versions of the 55-94 have a figured top, visible through the finish, usually in flame maple. The model you have is a solid colour finish, so it's a Lakland 55-94 Standard 5-String Fretless. Best of luck with the sale.

--------
    Please help me to identify this guitar and what do you think will be fair price to sell it ?
    Thank you so much beforehand
    I do appreciate your help.
    I don't want to mislead anyone and sell a wrong item if that's the case.
    Kind regards
    Karine

2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    He's right about the description. It's not a deluxe model that I can tell. You already have 'Fretless' in your description.

3. Tim Bishop

Tim Bishop Supporting Member

He's correct in that it is NOT a 'Deluxe' model and you should update your add accordingly. Additionally, because his opinion states that fretless basses are "not so popular" and infers they should be less expensive, is ridiculous. If he's looking for a fretted bass, he needs to look further.

Also, being a TRUE fretless fingerboard, you would never want to add frets to a TRUE fretless fingerboard as he suggests. I think if the condition is 'excellent', you have it priced fairly.