Please help. My Music Man was stolen!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fabiancarlosbas, Mar 26, 2014.

1. fabiancarlosbas

fabiancarlosbas

Hi folks, I need help figured out the serial number of my bass.
    It was stolen a week ago and foul of me, never wrote the serial number as back-up!
    In a photograph I managed to read part of it, If someone know how to completed please give me a hand.
    It´s a very important fact that I need for the police report.

What I had is this part, I need the second and thirth number: B??1825

https://www.flickr.com/photos/50811004@N02/13437578654/in/set-72157642976154885/

Thanks all for the help!!! I´ll really appreciate it

2. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    You should probably contact Ernie Ball and send them pictures.

3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

+1 they should be able to tell by the description of the bass which one it was and if you bought it brand new that's even better because they can tell what vendor it went to good luck I hope they catch that filth in the mean time contact any local music shops and keep your ideas open for any regional Craig's List ads.

4. REMBO

REMBO Supporting Member

where did this happen? state? any other details? the color? maple or rosewood neck? maybe post a pic....we all check web sites for used gear....the community may be able to help you!!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jlepre

jlepre

7. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Sorry boys, that is a pre Ernie Ball StingRay bass. The Ernie Ball Musicman company has no records of the pre EB era basses.

The serial number will be B0xxxxx stamped into the bridge between the saddles, so I can't see how anyone can make out any digits from those pics. But it's at least a good thing you do have pics as there are some unique details of that bass. You can see the knot in the body wood under the finish, and it has a replacement black nut (original would be a white nut).

8. Maxdusty

Maxdusty Supporting Member

Perhaps it might be on the receipt? or the store may have a record of the serial number of the bass they sold you.

9. Doctor_Clock

Doctor_Clock The Moon Machine Gold Supporting Member

I know how you feel, I had my first MM SR stolen in 1994, I had the serial number and everything, but it never was found. I still to this day am sad about it. I would not wish the feeling you are feeling on anyone. So sorry to hear, hopefully with the help of TB you will be able to get it back! I have seen a couple of happy ending stories on here that make me hopeful for you.
    Good luck on the recovery

10. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

This is a good reminder to put one of these in your most beloved instruments.

http://www.snagg.com/

Hope you get it back man. Pawn Shops are a likely location for it to end up...call a bunch of them in the area and let them know. And of course, keep an eye out on Craigslist.

11. Maxdusty

Maxdusty Supporting Member

Good advice.... create a flyer and drop it off at your local pawn stores, music stores. Hope you find your bass.