1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Please help Rebecca Laird play Eric Clapton's Crossroad Music Festival in NYC!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by megiddo, Jan 28, 2013.

1. megiddo

megiddo

It's been a while since I've posted in TalkBass but I am a serial lurker. I know I can turn to my bass friends to help out in a crunch.

:help:
    My daughter Rebecca Laird has entered the Play Crossroads contest and needs your help to make it happen. She was in the top 100 for a while but has recently fallen to the top 130, to be considered she needs to be in the top 100. Judging is based on her "Buzz Rating" and we can drive it up be doing the following things:
    1. Click the link below to go to the Play Crossroads website then click http://www.playcrossroads.com/u/texasguitarslinger/support
    2. Listen to all her songs in the music player on the page

MOST IMPORTANT - DOING THIS WILL DIRECTLY EFFECT THE BUZZ RATING
    * 3. Like her Facebook page www.facebook.com/rebeccalairdmusic if you haven't already *
    * 4. Share the link below on your Facebook page and encourage your friends to do the same. *

http://www.playcrossroads.com/u/texasguitarslinger

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your support!

It would be AWESOME to see Becks on stage with Eric Clapton! Her bio can be found http://www.rebeccalaird.com/styled/index.html.

She will be playing in Memphis with her band Texas 99 in the International Blues Challenge Youth Showcase. Check them out on Beale Street next Friday night. Showtime and place will be posted on their website as soon as we get the final word.

She also plays in the Houston area with her band Tin Cadillac. Check their website for showtimes.

Please don't hold my daughter's misguided choice of musical instrument against her. She plays bass WAY better than her dad.
  2. Lonesomedave

Lonesomedave Supporting Member

did!...but i did not see my name on the list of people who liked...did i do something wrong?

[​IMG]

ps- edit- there we go
  3. megiddo

megiddo

Be sure to fill in the name section, just a first name will do, last name if you like. Put in an email addy in the email field. You can uncheck the "I want to receive EB Emails." Then be sure to press the Support button just under the email field.

Thank you so much for your support. Rebecca is a very dedicated musician and has done well in other contests. Check out her official 2012 Guitar Center Battle of the Blues Finals video: http://youtu.be/UPrAD9w-kic

I'm not a proud dad or anything. Ha!
  4. megiddo

megiddo

Hey Dave, your support has been noted by the website!

Thanks buddy!!!
  5. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

:( I would help but I don't have Facebook. Best of luck to her in the competition!
  6. megiddo

megiddo

You can still support without Facebook. Just enter the info after you press the Support this Artist button under all the supporter's names.
  7. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

Done! :)
  8. megiddo

megiddo

Thanks! Listening to her songs will also help. There's some tasty music there.