PLEASE HELP!! Tonestyler & Toggle Switch problem...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by AJDZGN, Jan 19, 2014.

1. AJDZGN

AJDZGN

I'm wondering if you kind folks could help me out. I am a total newbie electrician. I purchased a Tonestyler Duo Six and a DiMarzio Model P & Model J to put into a Jazz Bass Special. I've put in a set of passive pickups once before and I figured I could handle this job - I was wrong.

I tried once myself and totally ****ed it up so I brought it in to a tech. I just got it home and the 3-way toggle switch is not fully working. It doesn't blend while in the middle position - only the neck pups are coming through. Also, when it's switched to the bridge, it seems there is very little input from the Tonestyler for that pickup.

I whipped up a rough diagram of the current wiring scheme. Can anyone see what might be going on here??

Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

They really use 6 wires in the Tonestyler ? It seems way over the top for a basic tone changer, 2 should be enough.

3. AJDZGN

AJDZGN

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Best thing to do is contact Don at Stellartone and ask him.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. AlarmClock314

AlarmClock314

The TS Duo's are for basses with a Vol-Vol configuration and have 6 wires: two sets of hot, ground, and floating ground. He is using the correct TS for a PJ bass.

I'm not great at wiring so I can't say what the issue is, but here is a link for the standard PJ wiring.

7. AJDZGN

AJDZGN

Cheers. I talked to Don once before I attempted to install it, and now I'm waiting until Monday to give him an update. I was just hoping I could gather some more insight from anyone else who may have had a similar problem.