***PLEASE READ!!!***In Progress Photos, Etc.

Discussion in 'Roscoe Basses' started by Gard, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Hey there again, folks!

OK, we're about to start putting up some of the in progress photos that were promised. Here are a few things to keep in mind about them:

1) They are IN PROGRESS photos, not FINISHED photos (however, when the bass is finished, we will always try to post a few pics before it ships). They do not always look "pretty", in some stages, particularly in the finish stages, they can look a bit dull or chalky. We'll always do our best to make them look "good", but there will always be sanding marks and spots that aren't quite "right" until it's DONE. Necks will not have frets, or not be final shaped, etc. Bottom line, keep in mind you are seeing photos of unfinished products. I will always try to notate the location in production of the shots posted.

2) Please don't ask "where are pics of the bass that I have on order?" if you have such a bass. We are not posting pre-sold instruments here, as they are YOUR bass, and we don't want anyone else lusting after it! ;) If you want to post pics of your bass (which we will always try to provide, on request), please feel free to post them either here, or (preferentially) in the Basses forum.

3) I am not a full-time professional photographer!!! :eek: I am a complete doofus with a camera. I TRY to get good shots, but they will always have room for improvement, and won't be "pro quality". Honestly, I don't really have time to get that level of photo here, as I do actually have other things to do during the day!!! ;) (What, you mean I can't just sit here and read TB all day, take a picture now and then???? Hey, who negoitated this gig???? WHERE'S MY AGENT?!?!?!:mad: ;) ) Also, please be patient, sometimes, I won't get a new bass up for a few days, or update a bass in progress for a while.

4) The specs of each bass will be in the first post on each individual thread, so you will know everything about what was ordered for that bass. We will not notate the dealer for any bass, but if you are interested in a particular instrument, please PM or e-mail me (info@roscoeguitars.com, please, not my personal address), and I will be happy to put you in contact with the dealer for a particular instrument. Once a bass ships, we will delete the thread, to reduce "clutter" in the forum, however, I will be trying to build and maintain a gallery on our website (www.roscoeguitars.com) eventually, and will at least put the completed bass, date completed, and specs there.

5) Dealer use rules: You are welcome to "mention" a particular instrument is yours. However, please do not use the photo/spec threads to "advertise" or to negotiate for the bass in question. Please limit yourself to one post, letting folks know that the instrument is coming to you and let it go at that. Afterward, all communication about the instrument must be either by PM, e-mail, or phone, not in the thread or on this forum. Abuse of this will force me to either delete your post or the entire thread. If we cannot "play by the rules" on this, we will have to not allow any dealer to post anything about a bass coming to them, and remove any threads that can be construed as "advertising" for any dealer, i.e "My trip to..." threads. If you have any questions, contact me to discuss them, please do not discuss them here on the forum.

Finally, don't hesitate to ask if you are curious about anything!

:D
  2. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am Gold Supporting Member

Hey Gard, it is Friday!!! Where are some new pics of basses in progress. Don't punish us because you are having to keep the Poacher at bay!