1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Plugging Into Your Computer & Playing Along With iTunes

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MoreBeer, Feb 12, 2014.

1. MoreBeer

MoreBeer

This is probably a dumb question......

When not playing through my amp, I normally use a Stealthplug along with Amplitube software and headphones, which need to be plugged into the Stealthplug device on a computer and play to imported tracks or songs.

As opposed to doing this, I'm wondering how I can plug a bass into my computer, launch iTunes, play a song from iTunes, play my bass and hear everything from the powered computer speakers. I recently bought a nice set of powered speakers with a sub for my computer and would like to do this.
  2. ZenG

ZenG

One way you could do it is:-

Get a Behringer 802 little mixer.

Run the headphone out from your computer to the mixer..

requires a cable that goes from 1/8" TRS stereo male to left and right TRS mono.

use something like Behringer Bass V-amp.....guitar plugs into that and then that plugs into mixer......probably require appropriate TRS cables....

Then pray to the gods you don't get a groundloop hum.

If you get a groundloop hum you'll need an anti hum box (Art Pro Audio or Behringer) and /or an Ebtech anti hum plug (can only be used with 3-prong plug).

Anything you play on the comp will be heard through the headphones you plug into the mixer.

Mixer has a 3-band EQ on it to tweak sound even further.