POD Studio UX2

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by sinbad7, Feb 6, 2014.

1. sinbad7

sinbad7

Hey guys, sorry if this has been talked about before but I tried searching and I always have a hard time finding anything on here using the search bar.
    I have been interested in picking up the UX2 for a while now, but my current computer won't be able to handle it, but my wife and I are probably getting a new computer soon (instead of us both having crap laptops, we are gonna get a nice desktop) so now I'll be able to pick up something like this. I want to know if anyone has one and what everyone thinks about them. I want it more for fun that anything. I have a few bass songs that I'd love to record and if it's good enough, maybe try to record my band, but that's not necessary.
    So let me know what you guys think of this, or if there is a better one in the same price range.
    Thanks guys!

2. gricko

gricko

there are better ones, there are worst ones.....
    when i was buying mine it was the only one that was geared for guitar.
    it comes with software and plugins for guitar and microphone, not for electronic music.

also - most of processing is done in the device, not by CPU. you can use it even with quite weak 'puters.

i've recorded guitars, bass, rehearsals w/ two microphones. all w/out a glitch.

3. sinbad7

sinbad7

The fact that it comes with the the recording software and the pod farm is what gears me towards it. I know what in an old band I was in years ago, the guy that we recorded with used the pod farm and the UX2 as the main plug in, but different recording software and it sounded really good for what it was.

4. seamonkey

seamonkey

POD Farm is very good modeler for being thrown in with the interface. A lot of power and a lot of sounds. It almost should be sold as "POD Farm with free UX2" :)

5. Register to disable this ad