1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Poll: How to organize the Micro Bass threads?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SBassman, Jan 3, 2014.

How should we organize the Micro Bass threads?

1. One thread per instrument. i.e. UBass Megathread, Gold Tone Micro Bass, etc.

31 vote(s)
    62.0%
  2. One thread per Scale type. i.e. Ukes at 21 inch scale, Guitar Micro Basses at 23-25 inch scale

3 vote(s)
    6.0%
  3. One free for all thread.

16 vote(s)
    32.0%
  1. SBassman

SBassman

Disclosures:
    PiccoBass Dealer
    How should we organize the Micro Bass threads?

2. xaxxat

xaxxat Supporting Member

I voted for the free for all. Everything in one thread. Plus, I think there is lots of good info to be had in the "crosstalk".

3. therhodeo

therhodeo

Is this really a problem that needs addressing?

4. SBassman

SBassman

Disclosures:
    PiccoBass Dealer
    It's not a *problem* - but it would help if we choose the optimum way to organize the information. Lots of people have found the previous dialog enormously helpful, and it makes sense to pause and make sure we are organizing it the right way.

The result of not doing that - is dozens of similar threads, spreading the info out, leading to much less effective dialog.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. macmanlou

macmanlou Don't push it. Just let it fall. Supporting Member

One thread per instrument is much more organized. Subscribing to the instrument thread(s) of interest makes it easy to keep up. Cross referencing the U-Bass, GT MicroBass, Shortbass 1 and Michael Kelly Sojourn 4 will occur naturally within discussions on those threads anyway.

7. mongo2

mongo2

I prefer one thread per brand to consolidate all the info about that particular brand.

8. olitoon

olitoon

I would merge the GT MicroBass thread back to the UBass Megathread.

If there are too much posts for one thread, I would prefer a split into "instruments" and "strings".

9. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Supporting Member

One thread per instrument/brand...keep your chocolate out of my peanut butter!