1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Polytone bass guitar neck-through???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bodidR, Jan 31, 2014.

1. bodidR

bodidR

HI!
    New here but I'm trying to find out some information on a bass I have. I bought it a long time ago on eBay. It was horribly painted with automotive paint, very thick and some gawd-awful colors. I stripped it down to bare wood, and discovered it is a Polytone (on the headstock) bass, with neck-through construction, a split P-bass type pickup and Jazz-bass pickup by the bridge. Bridge is heavy brass. One volume and one tone control, and a pickup selector switch. I'll try to post photos later.
    Who made this?
    Rare?
    Any other information?
    I've tried every where.
    thx
  2. bodidR

bodidR

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
  3. bodidR

bodidR

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
  4. bodidR

bodidR

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
  5. kesslari

kesslari Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Polytone primarily made amps - they were considered good jazz amps (primarily) back in the 70's. Looks like they had a mfg put their name on some basses as well.
    Looks to me like something out of one of the good Japanese factories.
    Nice bass!
  6. MD

MD

I think they did sell basses at some point, but it's not on their site. http://www.polytoneamps.com/
    Nice amps though. I still have a Mini Brute III which I bought new in 1980.
  7. bodidR

bodidR

I've had several PT amps, mostly for guitar, but still have my stereo/dual channel 250 watt PT head. bi-ampable, bridgeable, very versatile head.
  8. bodidR

bodidR