1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Popped my building cherry.

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Smit_Dogg, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Smit_Dogg

Smit_Dogg

Hello,

Just thought I'd share this with Talk bass as it seems a relevant subject for fellow bass enthusiasts like myself . I recently decided to take the first steps to building my own Precision bass... I bought all the parts over the space of four months and over the last weekend I started putting it all together. There were a lot of cock ups, mistakes to learn from and hurdles to pass.. but I managed to finish it with my head held high. It took me a hell of a lot of hours over the space of a three days but it was worth it.

Here are the specs:

~ Fender MIM tobacco sunburst body.
    ~ Mighty Mite Fender-licensed Precision 70s neck
    ~ Schaller Tuners.
    ~ Allparts tortoise shell pick guard.
    ~ Hipshot A style Brass Bridge.
    ~ Fender neck plate.
    ~ Fender strap buttons.
    ~ a '58 split coil Precision pickup handwound by The Creamery.
    ~ 1meg volume pot.
    ~ Tonestyler tone pot.

Playability wise it's great, it is nice and heavy, just the way I like basses to be , sound wise it is a lot brighter /punchier than I expected, even when using D'Addario Chromes, But it still has that meaty low end presence. The pickups by The Creamery will be testament to that. .

I've put a picture of the new arrival in her trolley as you may be able to see... She can certainly rumble lol

Attached Files:

2. boogie88

boogie88

Congratulations, looks great!
  3. Luthier Atlanta

Luthier Atlanta

Nice bolt up sir...