1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Portland Maine Music Stores

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by agreatheight, Nov 6, 2012.

1. agreatheight

agreatheight

So I recently moved outside of Portland, ME and I cannot figure out where to buy music gear locally. Ideas?

2. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually Supporting Member

Don't know the answer to that, but I do know a great guy (and personal friend from college) for mastering that worked for Bob Ludwig for years and he lives there. Amazing work.

I can ask him what local places he may haunt as he's a guitar player as well.

3. agreatheight

agreatheight

Actually a mastering referral would be great - I am finishing a project soon. Send me his info and I'll look him up!

4. Monster Truck

Monster Truck groove student Supporting Member

I was born and raised in Maine. Check the Tontine Mall in Brunswick. I don't know if it's still there, and I don't remember the name. But they had a decent selection and knowledgeable employees. It's about a 30 minute drive from Portland.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Tunaman

Tunaman Supporting Member

7. undeadbass

undeadbass

Last time I toured up there, I checked out a spot on Congress. I forget the name, but they had a lot of off brand guitars and basses, and a pretty cool Rickenbacker copy with an EB0 pickup in the neck. And, of course, all the supplies and such. They're also apparently a pawn shop, as we saw a lot of TVs and such.