1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Possible neck dive on Warmoth Jazz 5 string ??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lorenzop, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Lorenzop

Lorenzop

Oct 23, 2012
    Berlin
    I'm worried that putting a 5 string Jazz maple / ebony neck on a Ash body might not be a good idea especially with the reinforced carbon fiber rods, what do you think? Any experience?

On the other hand there are plenty of Fender J and Ps that are Ash - maple and I think are ok. I have a 4 string P and it's well balanced. Don't know about Jazzes 5 though - maybe they are Hard Ash?

What do you guys think?

2. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  3. Lorenzop

Lorenzop

Oct 23, 2012
    Berlin
  4. Dunlop straplock on the upper horn will add about a 1/2 inch.

5. Carbon fiber is pretty light. Surely that doesn't add too much on the overall weight? I second Margus...

6. bonga_rascal

bonga_rascal

Sep 9, 2010
    With graphite bars, I think you're okay. It's the steel bars that add a lot of weight to the neck.

+1 for the straplocks, and, use a nice wide padded strap.

7. Lorenzop

Lorenzop

Oct 23, 2012
    Berlin
    Ok so graphite or not - in just worried by the larger nm5 neck overall. Us the J bass 5 body wider than a 4 or us it the same body? I'm talking about the moder USA J deluxe body's

Thanjs

8. StrangerDanger

StrangerDanger Neo Maxie Zoom Dweebie Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Impossible to answer if your theoretical bass will neck dive. All wood is different. Have you tried asking Warmoth?

9. Lorenzop

Lorenzop

Oct 23, 2012
    Berlin
    No I'll do that soon but I'm afraid they'll say the same thing! :D