1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Possible trade for my GK SWR gig.

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Mainahman, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Mainahman

Mainahman

I might be able to trade my SWR working pro 400 and GK mb 210 and 115 for a ampeg 4x10hlf and a svt 6 pro. Is it worth it?

2. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: VF Cables, Dirtbag Clothing
  3. Mainahman

Mainahman

I'd be going back to heavy gear again... I sold my pre fender SWR Henry for the GK cabs. And the ease of transport that I have now. Hmmm thoughts. I've been. Lusting over svt4 pro tone. Will the 6 pro deliver?

4. klejst

klejst

With that said it's really up to you then. It seems like a decent trade but you will be adding weight so if you can be ok with hauling around the extra weight then go for the trade, if not then stick with the lighter setup you have now. You clearly bought it for the ease of weight when you sold your heavier gear before.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Mainahman

Mainahman

All I did was trade cabs back then. I sold the Henry, to get the GK cabs. The head is the same.

7. Mainahman

Mainahman

I'm 26 so weight to me isn't really an issue if the tone is there. I've gotten used to 30 lb cabs for sure, but idk.

8. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    I would make that trade without a second thought.

9. Mainahman

Mainahman

I take it the can will handle a 5 string well?

10. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: VF Cables, Dirtbag Clothing
    It will handle the 5 just fine. Im working on a trading my Neo 212 (54lbs) for a 410HE (85lbs)

11. klejst

klejst

Fair enough, yeah I would make that trade too.

12. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Imo, the SVT 6Pro was the best of ALL Ampeg's Pro Series amps. I miss mine more than almost any other piece of gear I no longer have. It's 1100 watts @ 4 ohms, which is more than enough to push the 410hlf to it's limit's, and sound great doing it.

13. Mainahman

Mainahman

Waiting to hear from the ampeg's owner, but as much as I like the size of the cabs I have a little weight doesn't bother me and its on wheels!