1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Post Punk, Emo, Shoegaze and other cool noise.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by AngerHouse, Dec 26, 2013.

1. AngerHouse

AngerHouse

After indulging in this forum a bit more, I was curious to see if anyone else plays in bands amongst these lesser known genres. Stuff like My Bloody Valentine, Sonic Youth, Rites of Spring or Fugazi?
  2. Milk

Milk Supporting Member

Post punk and shoegaze, yes.

Emo, no.
  3. AngerHouse

AngerHouse

When I sayemo, I refer too the old 80s DC bands like One Last Wish, or Rites of Spring. Not whatever it means today.
  4. frisbieinstein

frisbieinstein

I played in a band named by Sonic Youth as a major influence. But I have nothing to do with that stuff these days.
  5. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually Gold Supporting Member

My new band is somewhat 80's influenced with some shoegaze stuff we are crafting. Very different from my usual big rock 90's style past.
  6. mpdd

mpdd Supporting Member

we are incorporating some of the noise into the trip hop and drone metal projects
  7. Milk

Milk Supporting Member

Yeah i got that, but still no.
  8. AngerHouse

AngerHouse

Just makin sure
  9. grandnoise

grandnoise

yeah, play in a noise mathy fugazi kinda thing. Will get some recordings for y'all when we finish the demo
  10. PWRL

PWRL Supporting Member

Don't play in a band like those, but I would if I could. I like My Bloody Valentine a lot. I listened the heck out of Loveless back in the day. I'd like to say that those were the good ol' days but if they were, I wouldn't have been doing so much, well, shoegazing. But it's fine music.
  11. skulletwhip

skulletwhip

My band may fall into this kinda category. We are influenced by a lot of post punk, hardcore/post hardcore, old emo, and noise rock.

We're recording an EP soon.

Its cool to see threads like this!
  12. AngerHouse

AngerHouse

Same here, we have one demo. Recording our full length this Thursday.

http://Angerhouse.bandcamp.com
  13. clmayhew

clmayhew

I do. Kind of difficult to put together a full band around here that is interested so I do it as mostly a recording project. Maybe one day I'll take it live...
    http://music.clarencemayhew.com
  14. AngerHouse

AngerHouse

I dig it, almost gothy sounding in ways.
  15. clmayhew

clmayhew

Thanks! I had a lot of early 4AD stuff going on when I was just starting out. :)