1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Post Rock Bassist Thread

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Suntory, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Suntory

Suntory

The Bulletproof Tiger: The Bass player starts tapping around 3:33 secs. KIlling it on a very modest Warwick Rock Bass. He taps on other tracks also. Great band, eh?

Any other interesting Bassists in Post Rock Bands?
  2. DudeLeap

DudeLeap

This is great. I'm into some of the more well know post-rock bands like the Appleseed Cast and explosions in the sky. I'm not too for with all the sub-genres there are now hahah I mainly listen to punkier side of things.
  3. Suntory

Suntory

Here's a Band that does the post-rock thing very well. Bass player uses all Ampeg and has a nice tone.

From Japan, the band Toe.

4. DudeLeap

DudeLeap

I know Toe, they just released an EP on topshelf.
  5. Suntory

Suntory

@DudeLeap

I've heard it. It was a touch disappointing. I got the impression they were evolving with the last LP but it really sounded like their earlier work but whatever, it still worked for me.
  6. Suntory

Suntory

Does some one know if the Japandroids guitarist is playing through a Ampeg or fender bass cab? He's playing split through two guitar amps but I always see a Bass cab on stage. I thought he was using it to get a huge round sound.