1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Post Rock Bassist Thread

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Suntory, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Suntory

Suntory

Jun 8, 2012
    The Bulletproof Tiger: The Bass player starts tapping around 3:33 secs. KIlling it on a very modest Warwick Rock Bass. He taps on other tracks also. Great band, eh?

Any other interesting Bassists in Post Rock Bands?

2. DudeLeap

DudeLeap

Feb 11, 2013
    This is great. I'm into some of the more well know post-rock bands like the Appleseed Cast and explosions in the sky. I'm not too for with all the sub-genres there are now hahah I mainly listen to punkier side of things.

3. Suntory

Suntory

Jun 8, 2012
    Here's a Band that does the post-rock thing very well. Bass player uses all Ampeg and has a nice tone.

From Japan, the band Toe.

4. DudeLeap

DudeLeap

Feb 11, 2013
    I know Toe, they just released an EP on topshelf.

5. Suntory

Suntory

Jun 8, 2012
    @DudeLeap

I've heard it. It was a touch disappointing. I got the impression they were evolving with the last LP but it really sounded like their earlier work but whatever, it still worked for me.

6. Suntory

Suntory

Jun 8, 2012
    Does some one know if the Japandroids guitarist is playing through a Ampeg or fender bass cab? He's playing split through two guitar amps but I always see a Bass cab on stage. I thought he was using it to get a huge round sound.