1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Post your Transcription's

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Redhotbassist, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Hi guys!

I've recently got heavily into transcribing several bass solo's by ear and have seen many benefit's from it, as well as my ear's getting bigger (so to speak) my playing and hand's have been much more fluid, not to mention my own playing seem's fresher and have had more idea's and phrases under my fingertips!

So i wanted to start this thread for people to talk about their transcribing process, what programs they use to do it, and a chance to post video's of their hard work and progress with it!

I'll start with my first full transcription:

an old Hadrien Feraud solo -

2. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

oh and Audio is welcome aswell as Video :)
  3. HCEarwicker

HCEarwicker

Hi Redhot,

Perhaps there are no responses so far because what you've posted is not a transcription? It's a video of you playing (and playing very well) someone else's solo. A transcription is the notated, ie written, form of a performance or piece of music that was not originally set down in written/notated form (or if it was originally notated, the notated sheet music is generally unavailable). If you're reading from your own transcription of the solo in your youtube clip, we can't see it. We only see and hear your performance.

Here's a thread that's been going for a while devoted to sharing transcriptions:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f22/t...o-commercially-available-stuff-thanks-779126/

Perhaps you meant to start a thread devoted to members' performances of other bass players' work...and a discussion of how they went about learning it?
  4. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Ah yes. My bad! That would make much more sense! Haha , I'll re-do this thread and title. Thanks man.