Posting Bass Covers on YouTube?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rydin4lifebass, Dec 20, 2013.

1. rydin4lifebass

rydin4lifebass

I wasn't sue exactly which forum to post this in, so here it goes....I'm trying to post "cover" videos to YouTube of my bass playing over a recorded song, most recently "Forever in Blue Jeans" by Neil Diamond. I just use a black background or a still image and merge the mp3 with it to make "video" and upload it to YouTube. Every time, they're taken down due to copyright infringement, yet there are thousands of people that post covers on YouTube. Am I missing something here or is there a way around that?

2. Franky Rumble

Franky Rumble

Hey there, I got some cover uploaded on youtube, there could be some possibilities why it's not working, my first guess is that it has to be a video, not just a still picture, because the screening/scanning of your video will come has an unauthorized/copyrighted upload of the song itself instead of a cover, apart from that, it could be that you forgot to go in your video management and accept the "acknowledge third party content" for your video, or it could also be because of the recent change in youtube user policy witch can create a delay of a couple of days before the upload of copyrighted content be allowed, but I'm not sure about this one, I think it just affect your videos if you monetise them with google ads.

And that's about all I can think of for now, hope it helps.

3. rydin4lifebass

rydin4lifebass

Thanks for the input! I wasn't aware of the "acknowledge third party content" aspect so I did confirm that on a few of my "videos". I put a copyright notification in the description as well but I think that acknowledging that as you mentioned is likely the key.