Posting gig inquiries directly on venue FB page?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by jonas_24112, Nov 30, 2012.

1. jonas_24112

jonas_24112

My band does it all to get bookings....calls, e-mails, hard copies of press kits, electronic press kits, in person inquiries, etc., etc., etc.......

The one thing we don't do is post directly on a venues FB page. I think we all believe it to be taboo. I have seen a few bands do it, but unsure of outcomes.....

So I'm wondering, any of you posted booking inquiries directly to a venues page? Has it worked or were you blacklisted? What do you think?
  2. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

I dont know why one would post it directly on a venues page. I would think someone might send the venue a message through the venues page. Asking in such a public was doesnt sound quite right to me.
  3. Scooter09

Scooter09

We never post it directly to a venue's page. A private message is much more professional and will get you a lot further.
  4. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

i see a lot of bands doing it and they are getting gigs, but it seems tasteless to me.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ShoeManiac

ShoeManiac Supporting Member

It definitely comes across as unprofessional. Most of the venues I play have sections of their websites devoted specifically to bookings. And when you go there you'll usually find explicit instructions regarding WHAT the venue wants from an act or their management in order to secure a booking, their preferred methods of contact, plus house sound and backline equipment.
  7. Slowgypsy

Slowgypsy 4 Fretless Strings Supporting Member

Booking inquiries are private things... between the venue and the band... not for public consumption. Making such an inquiries on such a public forum such as FB is not a wise thing to do.
  8. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    No, makes you look desperate.
  9. abemo

abemo

No, never, don't do it. Check the venue website for booking instructions, if you don't find them, then inquire in person or send a private message. Better yet, talk to other bands that have played there, and see what they did.
  10. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight Supporting Member

+1

I always thought it was bush league when I would see bands do that.