1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Pots for Dimarzio Pickups on a Fretless

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by hatchet644, Nov 30, 2012.

1. hatchet644

hatchet644

I am currently taking an Epiphone Thunderbird bass and making it into a fretless. I have already done the neck and am working on refinishing it. But I wanted to put in all new electronics. I have decided to use DiMarzio Model J and DiMarzio Model P pickups and needed some suggestions on what pots to use that would work with those pickups. I want to use the same setup, Volume/Volume/Tone, that was originally on it. I'm pretty sure 250K. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  2. acebase62

acebase62 Supporting Member

I get good results with a Fender TBX tone control, and 2 500k volume pots.

I use them in passive PJ and JJ basses with hum cancelling pickups.