Power amp for Eden 410

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Ahdub, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Ahdub

Ahdub Supporting Member

I have an Eden 410T that I would like to pair with a new amp or sell outright for a 2x10 or 1x15 of some sort (Epifani is on the short list). I really like the sound of the Eden...with the horn off or nearly so, but would like to get something a little more portable, but that good tone. Does anyone have Eden 410 pairing that isn't all Eden. The cab is rated 540 @ 8 and I am currently using a Crate BT350. I would like to get a portable solid state head...Thoughts? Ideas?
    thanks-
    ahdub
  2. johnpbass

johnpbass

Those 410Ts are great sounding cabs but as you say they are HEAVY (about 90 pounds IIRC). To my ears, they have the Eden tone but way less of that mid-range push that the 410XLT has. I would bet a lot of amps would sound good with that cab if you're just looking at using a different amp. Maybe an Aguilar TH500?
    Back when I was an Eden user, one of the pairings I used was a Demeter pre/Crest power amp with 2 210XLT cabs. Sounded fantastic IMO.
  3. Ahdub

Ahdub Supporting Member

Johnpbass, thanks for sharing your thoughts. Both options you suggest would be highly acceptable. I hadn't been considering the Tone Hammer, but now I'm on the edge of obsessing...I think my Eden is officially up for sale. I'm in the market for a 10 or 12 cab and the Hammer! I like keeping it simple, clear and low (and light)!
  4. jjk2007

jjk2007 Supporting Member

I toured for 3 years back in the mid 90's with that cab, an Eden WT-500 and a MM Stingray 5. It killed! I also played a GK 800RB through it on occasion with success. Sorry I can't contribute more and good luck with your search for tone!!
  5. johnpbass

johnpbass

Ahdub, I have not used the TH500 head, but I do have the ToneHammer pedal. I like it a lot! As I understand it, the TH head has a more flexible AGS circuit - you can vary the amount of AGS drive. With the pedal version, the AGS in either on or off. There's lots of info here on the Tone Hammer 500 though. Just search.
    The TH500 and an Aguilar DB212 would kill, IMO. Head weighs like 5 pounds and that cab weighs in at about 70 pounds I think, so lighter than the Eden.
    Lots of possibilities though!
  6. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

SWR SM400/500