1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

power amp questions, 1 channel not working

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by icke2433, Feb 10, 2013.

1. icke2433

icke2433 Supporting Member

Hey there guys I just picked up a crown xls402 off craigs for what I believe was a steal.

I've gone to the modeling side of things and decided to go eleven rack into power amp into bass cab.

So I did just that, I plugged the output of the eleven rack into the input of the power amp and the output of channel 1 of the power amp into my cab.

After plugging everything in and plugging in a guitar (just to test it) I powered everything up and there was no sound whatsoever. I checked all the cables and found nothing to be wrong, I then plugged the output of channel two into my cabinet and voila I was able to hear sound. I bought the amp specifically to bridge it and use it for my bass. But can't for the life of me figure out what is going wrong, I have since unplugged everything and come to talkbass in the hopes of finding a solution before I fry something out of ignorance.

Any advice?
  2. Oobly

Oobly

There are 2 inputs and 2 outputs when running in "dual" mode, channel 2 input is leftmost and output is the bottom one when looking at the back, channel 1 input is rightmost and output is the top one.

When running "bridge" mode (see the little switch near the bottom on the back), you should use input 1 (the rightmost input) and the 2 positive connectors (1 from each channel). You can wire a 4 pin speakon (use 1+ and 2+ connections) and use it in channel 1 output or use banana plugs in the 2 positive outputs.

It should all be labeled.
  3. icke2433

icke2433 Supporting Member