1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Power amp !!!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Jgrabs07, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Jgrabs07

Jgrabs07

Quick question has anyone tryed a behringer v-amp pro with a power amp, im thinking of getting a qsc or crown for some more volume, my concern is tone and low end, the vamp does good thru my yorkie 400, we've booked some outside gigs id like to get around the 700-800 mark on out put, we have pa support but i like the air moving on stage, ideas plz thank you:help:

2. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

What cabs are you pairing this up to?

3. Jgrabs07

Jgrabs07

Ampeg 4x10he and a peavey 15'b/w

4. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

I would look into the peavey IPR. Run each cab on its own channel so you can dial back the 115.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Jgrabs07

Jgrabs07

Kool thanks, i want a good stage sound, ill mic up the 15 for our sound man john epperson, he can do the rest, ill take a shure 57 in front of a 15 over a di, for live work, anyday, many thanks

7. seamonkey

seamonkey

You should get an amp with a DSP so you can play with crossover points, but you'll get a lot of feedback around here that a 15" and 4x10" aren't a good match.
    Crossover points will at least keep one from canceling the mids of the other.

Peavey IPR DSP is a good choice.

8. dincz

dincz

I ran a V-Amp (non pro) into a power amp with +4dBu input sensitivity. There's plenty of output level available from the V-Amp to drive virtually any power amp.

If the V-Amp gives the tone you want, it will still give it through a power amp - only louder. Power amps have almost completely flat frequency response so you'll get out what you put in.

9. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

I'd ditch the 15 and get a second identical 4x10. The 15 will always be a weak link in your system. Take a look at Carvin.com. Their DCMxxxxL series amps are excellent value and weigh almost nothing. I'm using the dCM1000L in my main rig and I love it.

10. Mykk

Mykk

I have a Behringer Nu6000, it is a powerful amp that powers my 8x10 and 2x15 without problems. Sounds good and has survived some long rehearsal and show times. The amp is 2 ch, great for multiple cabs and has independent ch volumes on the face. The poweramp is ugly as sin, loud cooling fans (that you can't hear at stage/rehearsal volumes) but works well.

11. joecarrr

joecarrr

I just bought a crown xls1000 and a acoustic 8x10 cab to run with my v-amp pro. So far it sounds good. It's gonna need some tweaking. I used to run the v-amp through an ampeg 115 100 watt combo. I'll report back Saturday after band practice and let ya know how it sounds with the band.

12. amimbari

amimbari

I use the same thing thru 2 4x10's. A nice lightweight rack that serves me well.
    [​IMG]

13. vgbob

vgbob

I ran a Crown XS500 with my V-Amp and it did not seem to
    match. I assume that was based on the sensitivity of the amp.
    I could not get as much volume as I hoped, and it was not that I was needing more power from the amp, I was only trying to drive a 2-10 cab. Now, it may be that other models
    of Crown would be different. I went to a QSC PLX1804 and it
    has been great, plus more in the range of power that you are
    looking for. Not to mention being a lot more compact.

14. JHAz

JHAz

If you are not getting as much volume as you want, it can only be too little power. The speaker cab will always put out the same spl with the same input. The only other possibility is that the 210 is out of headroom, in which case nothing you do with an amplifier can make it louder, except perhaps adjusting EQ to raise the mids so you cut through better. Amp sensitivity can be an issue, too, in getting everything an amp has to give . . .