1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Power Supply Issues

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by RawOrange, Sep 26, 2013.

1. RawOrange

RawOrange Not really an orange Supporting Member

Hey Guys,

I've been trying to streamline my setup, but the differences in power consumption are throwing me for a loop when it comes to finding a power supply that will work.

My current board is as follows:
    Korg Pitchblack -> F-Deck HPF III -> Diamond Bass Comp. -> Aguilar Tone Hammer

The issue I have is that the Diamond and the Aguilar both run at 18 volts and the other two run at nine. Right now I have to have three power supplies plugged in to a strip.

My goal is to get a Pedaltrain Mini or Nano for the portability, but I don't know how I would power the board with a setup like that since a power strip probably won't fit.

Any help would be fantastic.

Thanks a lot!

2. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story Supporting Member

Depending on the power draw (and whether or not you want to add more pedals) you could use a T-Rex Fuel Tank Jr.

Output 1: Into Korg Pitchblack and use the PB's 2nd power output to power the F-Deck
    Outputs 2 & 3: Voltage doubler cable to give 18v to the Diamond
    Outputs 4 & 5: Another voltage doubler cable to give 18v to the Aguilar

3. MightyMiloQuinn

MightyMiloQuinn Supporting Member

4. RawOrange

RawOrange Not really an orange Supporting Member

Awesome guys, thanks a lot. I didn't really realize how expensive power supplies are, but it seems like that is about the going rate. I'll have to pick one of those up.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

I just got my nano in the mail today, and after an easy modification my fuel tank jr is tucked under it nicely just a thought.