Power tab, guitar pro software download

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ImNotJoel, Feb 7, 2014.

1. ImNotJoel

ImNotJoel

I was trying to download power tab but all I can find is garbage downloads. I am too cheap to buy guitar pro does anyone know of any apps, software, etc like power tab or have a link with a good download.

2. dannyk

dannyk Supporting Member

I'm a moderator at the Power Tab Archive forums and was an administrator at the old Power Tab Archive website and all I can say is this: what you're asking for is difficult to find. The Power Tab Editor is a wonderful editor and since it is free is highly coveted. The absence of the once 10s of thousands of tabs (since its closure due to the HFA et al) makes it almost useless. You could try popping in at the forum and asking if anyone has the tab you're looking for. There are backups of the entire archive floating around.

In the meantime ASCII tabs from the other sites are plentiful ... and pitiful. As for software I now use Sibelius First. There is a handy GuitarPro app for iPhone/iPad that will show tabs and allow you to make basic tabs but it, too, has a fee (nominal, IMO).

3. ImNotJoel

ImNotJoel

Thanks I actually love power tab I had it before but I can't find a good download for it.