1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Powered cab recommendation

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by silvertones, Dec 9, 2013.

1. silvertones

silvertones

What I'm using at the moment for the type/size gigs I play is a Peavey KB 100A keyboard amp. Single 15 with horn. I plug my Tech 21 VT Bass into the power amp in jack. Works and sounds very good. The issue is the weight of the KB 100. 65# is a bit much. I was going to buy a light weight Carvin of something in the 30# class then thought I really only need a light weight full range cab. Like a pa cab.
    Any recommendations?
    Thanks

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

It's all a matter of budget. If you have money, for bass Bag End would be the best.

3. testing1two

testing1two Gold Supporting Member

If you're looking for a dedicated self-powered bass cab the Bergantino IP112 or IP112ER is second to none if you can find one used. As far as PA speakers, I have had good success at rehearsals plugging an Aguilar Tone Hammer straight into a QSC K12.

4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

Yes indeed, Berg IPs are the absolute best, actually it is what I use. I didn't quote them because well, they're not made anymore.

5. Register to disable this ad