1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Powered cab recommendation

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by silvertones, Dec 9, 2013.

1. silvertones

silvertones

What I'm using at the moment for the type/size gigs I play is a Peavey KB 100A keyboard amp. Single 15 with horn. I plug my Tech 21 VT Bass into the power amp in jack. Works and sounds very good. The issue is the weight of the KB 100. 65# is a bit much. I was going to buy a light weight Carvin of something in the 30# class then thought I really only need a light weight full range cab. Like a pa cab.
    Any recommendations?
    Thanks
  2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

It's all a matter of budget. If you have money, for bass Bag End would be the best.
  3. testing1two

testing1two Gold Supporting Member

If you're looking for a dedicated self-powered bass cab the Bergantino IP112 or IP112ER is second to none if you can find one used. As far as PA speakers, I have had good success at rehearsals plugging an Aguilar Tone Hammer straight into a QSC K12.
  4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

Yes indeed, Berg IPs are the absolute best, actually it is what I use. I didn't quote them because well, they're not made anymore.