Practice session recording over Miles Davis Solar

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by henry2513, Jan 16, 2013.

1. henry2513

henry2513 Supporting Member

mods please delete :)

2. Araman

Araman

Disclosures:
    bass teacher , IBASS-SCHOOL
    i've enjoyed very much the second tune , "fretless improvisation" : nice sound , good technique , melodic improvisation

about solar , i hear sometimes some wrong notes , you should use the full range of the instrument ( from low notes to high notes ) , and play more with the rhythm ( pauses , triplets ect...) , but anyway the basic essentials are already there

Good luck and keep practicing

Alain

3. henry2513

Thanks!

I have a bad habit of sticking to one area of the fretboard when I'm working on improvisation, partly because I confine my study of the fretboard to one area only so I need to learn how to break away from that when I'm working on improvisation over chord changes.

4. Already In Use

Already In Use

Scott Devine has a good lesson on getting around the fretboard with box shapes around the root..Gives ya like 12 notes to easily go to in a simple box pattern..Sorry...no link..Just check out Scott's site..

http://scottsbasslessons.com/

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. henry2513

Thanks, that's essentially what I do now I but I need to break the habit I've developed of sticking to just one area of the fretboard which come from studying that way. If you're familiar at all with Gary Willis' fingerboard harmony you'll know what I mean.