Practice Space?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Eliakim, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Eliakim

Eliakim

Me and a buddy have been jamming for a good awhile now just for fun. we've recently decided to pursue a band and start playing shows. most of our sessions have consisted of quiet playing at our houses and we are wanting a place to just be able to turn it up just to practice and play but we are a little green with anything outside of jamming at home with friends.

I was just wondering if anyone would share any cool places or had any ideas were we may be able to look into at being able to practice?
  2. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

How can we help if we don't know your general location? :eyebrow:
  3. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    Many cities have places which rent band practice rooms. The best thing to do is a Google search in your area.
  4. BrianToska

BrianToska

I have a lot of friends across the country that rent storage units to practice in.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. unry666

unry666

You could always ask/pay you local pub/bar if you can practice before they open, and that way you have a better chance of having a gig there.
  7. el murdoque

el murdoque

there's that huge building in town that's not used for anything but will not get knocked down anytime soon. Ask around to see who's in charge. Rent a room from them.
  8. smperry

smperry Moderator Supporting Member

Media:
    Not sure if Band Management or Miscellaneous...moved to Miscellaneous for now.
  9. duff beer

duff beer

Since you provided no details:

Buy a house, rehearse in the basement or garage.
  10. Eliakim

Eliakim

Yeah I didn't which forum to really put it in either..

But yeah were in muncie/Indy Indiana but was just looking for ideas that could do us good until we can get our own place and such
  11. Raf Seibert

Raf Seibert

When I was just out of college, our band had a good personal relationship with the manager of a local bar. This bar was on the first floor of a two story building with twenty foot ceilings. The manager let us use a big room on the second floor as a practice room. The down side was hauling two Fender Bassman amps up those stairs. It was however, free and well suited for our needs.