Practice using transcribe software

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by yeldarb69, Feb 2, 2013.

1. yeldarb69

yeldarb69 Supporting Member

I have been using a tascam cd bt 2 to learn songs for about two years now.I really like it but they keep crapping out on me after about a year.I have been doing some research on the transcribe software and that looks to be pretty comparable to what i need.Now my question is, i can plug the bass and the headphones right into the tascam trainer so i can practice without anyone hearing it, is there a way i could do the same with the transcribe software ? Would i have to buy some kind of interface to plug the bass into the computer so i could hear the software and bass at the same time ? Any help will be appreciated.
  2. Staredge

Staredge

Does it have another input jack? You could go from the computer headphone out into an input jack. I have a GT2, but haven't used it in a while and don't remember. I use Best Practice to slow songs down, running out from the headphone jack into the cd input on my practice amp. Works great.
  3. nashvillebill

nashvillebill

I've been using Transcribe for years, it's great.

I would not run the bass into the computer, I would use a separate practice amp. I want to be able to isolate what I hear from the song, that way I can better hear what I'm playing versus what the song is actually playing. In fact I often use an acoustic six-string guitar rather than a bass and bass amp.
  4. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member

Check out Song Surgeon. You can cut the bass with th eq. and play along. Slow down, change pitch, save edited audio files, yuotube link, multiple loops, music notepad and more, etc. Free full featured demo.

I plug into the mic input of my laptop and have powered sub/sats to listen through. I control bass output with the bass volume control. Works great.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. lyla1953

lyla1953 Supporting Member

You can download the bt2 operators manual off the tascam web site...Might tell you how to hook it up