1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Prayers to Michael Schumacher

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bmc, Dec 30, 2013.

1. bmc

bmc

2. pedroims

pedroims

I read the news yesterday but I never thought the accident was this bad. I hope he can recover.

3. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

Saw it in the news yesterday, where it was made out that while serious, it wasn't life threatening. Seems to have been a bit of a mistake there judging by the release this morning.

Hopefully he pulls through!

4. kanonfodr

kanonfodr Supporting Member

"Doctors say former F1 world champion would not have survived accident in French Alps if he had not been wearing a helmet"

Blessings, indeed, that he was wearing the gear! Here is hoping he pulls through!!

Peace,
    Greg

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Milk

Milk

Yeah its crazy that you'd do F1 all these years with never a serious accident (well broken leg once) and then should possibly die skiing. But the truth is really, skiing at this point IS more dangerous than F1. Didn't use to be the case but there's been only one death from F1 in the past 20 years and it wasnt at a race.

7. sowilson

sowilson

a very gifted driver, and wonderful F1 champion. I hope he pulls through.

8. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

As a side note, particularly for folks not that into F1, the documentary about Senna really highlights just how many people were dying on the track in F1 until the changes after his death.

9. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

I remember the joke back then. Senna, It's deader than you.

10. 96tbird

96tbird This Indian movie is really boring man.

In his heyday It seemed that if his car was dialed in, he couldn't lose. Let's hope his fortitude wins the day.

11. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

News today is saying that things are looking a bit more positive than yesterday, though still critical.

12. rtslinger

rtslinger

Sad the guy risks his life in a F1 race car for years and nearly kills himself skiing. Prayering you Michael

13. Neener

Neener Grumpy Old Dog Supporting Member

The latest update from the Formula 1 website stated some good news...

Michael Schumacher’s condition has improved slightly, doctors reported on Tuesday, though the seven-time world champion remains critically ill and in an induced coma following his skiing accident in France.

The improvement follows a second operation overnight to ease the pressure on Schumacher’s brain, which suffered injuries including lesions and contusions in Sunday's fall.

Here's hoping to a full recovery.