1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD Pre-Fender SWR SM-500, rack bag - $250

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by skyline_01, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skyline_01

skyline_01

Hi all,

Up for sale is my 1999 Pre-Fender SWR SM 500 in good condition w/ a slight ground buzz (see disclosures). I purchased this brand new in 1999 and it has been my main head since then, although I haven't really used it much in the last few years and it has been kept in a rack bag (which I'm including, although one of the cover panels is missing). Ships with a brand new Tung Sol preamp tube installed. I have recently purchased an Ampeg PF-500, so I really don't need this anymore.

Disclosures on condition:

-minimal cosmetic wear; standard player scratches/dings here and there

-mono effects return jack has always been a little loose - looks like some bad threading is not allowing the nut to fully seat the jack to the back panel. Still functional.

-concentric pot on the stereo volume control is very slightly bent, but still functional.

-a few of the small top panel screws became stripped and are missing, but there are plenty of others remaining to keep the top snug

-the "ground buzz" mentioned in the title is a 60-cycle-type hum that developed within the last couple of years, and is present through all outputs (speaker, line, effects loop). Local tech seems to think it's just a simple ground problem somewhere, but I haven't had much reason to have it put on a bench and repaired. All outputs and controls are otherwise fully functional.

I'm thinking $200 OBO, plus actual shipping (around 32 lbs) from 45107 - PayPal, please. Trades considered, lemme know what you have. I would mainly be looking for a fretless bass, small bass cab, or preamp/effects pedals (Sansamp, octaver, ???).

For feedback references, please follow link:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK:ME:UFS

Additional pics upon request

2. skyline_01

skyline_01

bump for yet another price drop - $200 plus shipping from 45107.
    Let's do this.

3. LeWayneF

LeWayneF

Did you sell you amp?

4. skyline_01

skyline_01

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Steve

Steve

Not for nuthin' but, I have that same amp with the same problem. As soon as the internal cooling fan came on..huge 60hz buzz.

Turned out to be a ground loop The coating on the face plate is thick and TOUGH. I actually had to put star washers behind the rack screws so it would bite through that paint and into the metal. It hasn't made a peep since.

7. skyline_01

skyline_01

8. scowboy

scowboy Supporting Member

Pm with offer sent

9. skyline_01

skyline_01

PM returned, pending hold

10. skyline_01

skyline_01

Buyer backed out - still available. First $150 PP plus shipping takes it.

11. angelopbass

angelopbass Supporting Member

:eek:i cant belive noone is snagging this up! i just had a trade offer go thru on a backup head, or i would grab it but geeez! this is a STEAL!!!!!!!!!!

12. MuthaFunk

MuthaFunk

I'll take it! PM'd.

13. skyline_01

skyline_01

14. MuthaFunk

MuthaFunk

Still up for sale for someone!! Man I wish I could have made this work but shipping was just killing me. Thanks anyway.

15. skyline_01

skyline_01

Still available. I have potential buyers interested, but sudden $$ problems seem to be plaguing them. $175 shipped CONUS USPS Priority, PayPal only. Thanks.

16. skyline_01

skyline_01

On hold, pending payment

17. skyline_01

skyline_01

Back up for sale - seller backed out again. Beginning to grow tired of this process, and need money ASAP. Now $160 USD PayPal, includes insured shipping, CONUS only.

18. JonJonBass

JonJonBass

I will take it if its still available!!!

19. skyline_01

skyline_01

Sold, pending payment

20. JonJonBass

JonJonBass

21. skyline_01

skyline_01

Payment received, shipping shortly. Thanks for all the interest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.