Precarious Power Predicament Posing Problems

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by javadog, Dec 10, 2013.

1. javadog

javadog Supporting Member

OK, here is another power supply question and I need some advice from some of the electrical engineering geenuses here.
    I just bought a used Markbass Compressore with no power supply. The wall wort seems to be on back order until the end of next month. That pedal needs 12V and a minimum of
    500 mA, I have also seen 600 mA in the specs. The only other pedal I have right now is another oddball, the Eden WTDI which needs 15V and 400 mA. I would rather not buy
    some expensive Voodoo type power box, and don't expect any time soon to need or want to carry around a big, heavy board (although I might consider a pedal tuner later on). What would you recommend? Is there a more elegant way to approach these power needs, or would the best option be to just wait, get a Markbass wall wart power supply when it becomes available, and just deal with the two warts for the time being? I hate having a pedal sit for a month and a half and not use it, but also don't want to be impatient, buy an incorrect power source and damage the compressor, of course.

2. wighat

wighat

Buy a 12v 600+ma wall wart, put the correct plug on the end, wired with the correct polarity. Radio Shack has that stuff.

3. javadog

javadog Supporting Member

I have often found the stuff at my local Radio Shack to be cheap chinese junk. They do have a 1000 mA adapter and I already have a set of tips. I might try that as it would be the least expensive option and get me by for a while.

4. wighat

wighat

True. I usually go get my PS from a bin full of them at some resale shop (like Goodwill etc) for a dollar and then grab the tip at RS.

5. Register to disable this ad