1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Precarious Power Predicament Posing Problems

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by javadog, Dec 10, 2013.

1. javadog

javadog Supporting Member

OK, here is another power supply question and I need some advice from some of the electrical engineering geenuses here.
    I just bought a used Markbass Compressore with no power supply. The wall wort seems to be on back order until the end of next month. That pedal needs 12V and a minimum of
    500 mA, I have also seen 600 mA in the specs. The only other pedal I have right now is another oddball, the Eden WTDI which needs 15V and 400 mA. I would rather not buy
    some expensive Voodoo type power box, and don't expect any time soon to need or want to carry around a big, heavy board (although I might consider a pedal tuner later on). What would you recommend? Is there a more elegant way to approach these power needs, or would the best option be to just wait, get a Markbass wall wart power supply when it becomes available, and just deal with the two warts for the time being? I hate having a pedal sit for a month and a half and not use it, but also don't want to be impatient, buy an incorrect power source and damage the compressor, of course.
  2. wighat

wighat

Buy a 12v 600+ma wall wart, put the correct plug on the end, wired with the correct polarity. Radio Shack has that stuff.
  3. javadog

javadog Supporting Member

I have often found the stuff at my local Radio Shack to be cheap chinese junk. They do have a 1000 mA adapter and I already have a set of tips. I might try that as it would be the least expensive option and get me by for a while.
  4. wighat

wighat

True. I usually go get my PS from a bin full of them at some resale shop (like Goodwill etc) for a dollar and then grab the tip at RS.