"Precision Bass Active" headstock

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by christianharger, Jan 20, 2014.

1. christianharger

christianharger Supporting Member

Hey guys,

Here's a few photos of a bass being sold locally. Just wondering what series this is. I can't seem to find many others like it. Is it the Deluxe? Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

Is that a CN------- serial number? I guess that makes it 90's Korean? Maybe the precursor to the newer MIM deluxes.
  3. christianharger

Looks like "CN" to me, but they post states that it is a US made.. Here's what he says:

" New condition U.S. Fender Precision Bass! High mass bridge, string-thru body, rosewood fretboard, deluxe tuners. Fender hard shell case. Has double jazz/humbucker pickup in the bridge spot. 1/2 price of New. Price/Reviews. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/fender-american-deluxe-precision-bass. Great Christmas present for any aspiring -- or accomplished Bassist. This is the industry standard in professional music recordings. Local buyers only please. "

Side note--as true as it may be that P basses and SVT Classics are industry standards, can we just all commit to not saying that anymore?
  4. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

That bridge doesn't look high mass or string through and the bridge pup is a jazz, not a double jazz/humbucker.

I'm calling shenanigans. Call him and tell him he's a silly goose.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. christianharger

Right. He's describing the bass in his link quite well, but the bass he posted photos of on the other hand...

And you haven't heard about the elusive jazz/humbucker? Man, you're out of the loop.