1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Precision Bass Plus -- Swapping pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by jbluesbass91, Mar 24, 2014.

1. jbluesbass91

jbluesbass91

Disclosures:
    Reverend Guitars Artist
    I currently have the stock Lace Sensor Precision and jazz pickups in my Passive 90s Fender P Bass Plus. After using these for years I've found that the output is far too weak and the tone isn't anything special. I'm looking at swapping these pickups out for the Aguilar P/J set. My only concern is that the way the P bass plus is wired, there is a series parallel switch for the P pickup, and the tone control is different. From 0-5 (where there is a physical indent) which you can feel when you turn the knob, it acts as a regular tone knob but from that point on it adds a little bass and treble. I am not really good with electronics so I would take this into a shop to get the installation done, but would swapping pickups on this P Bass plus be difficult and would the tone knob and series parallel switch still function the same?