1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

PreSonus StudioLive 32.4.2AI

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Hactar, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Hactar

Hactar

2. Big_Daws

Big_Daws

as long as they retail this around $3500 then i wouldn't bother personally....i haven't looked that far or heard anything of it as yet...

3. Keithwah

Keithwah Supporting Member

The console is lights out sweet! I've had hands on and it is the schnizzle. The built in Ethernet port is a game changer for them.

4. seamonkey

seamonkey

Nice!

And glad to see they're addressing Thunderbolt

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Media:
    My 16.4.2 is simply awesome. I have no need for the 32 but if I needed the channel count it is exactly what I would buy. The board is cool, the software integration is amazing. That they keep advancing the software in free upgrades is amazing to me... I am so seriously not complaining.

7. longfinger

longfinger

The ability to control the mix with an iOS device without the need for a host Mac or Windows computer is a great improvement.

> The StudioLive 32.4.2AI sports an Ethernet port that allows you to connect to a wireless router for wired Ethernet and wireless Wi-Fi networking. In addition, the mixer has a USB 2.0 port that hosts the included USB Wi-Fi LAN adapter, providing wireless networking without a router for situations where a less powerful, ad hoc Wi-Fi connection is sufficient.

8. Adam Harzuf

Adam Harzuf

I had a chance to work with the new Behringer X32 a few days ago. It has Midas designed pres and it sounds sweet on acoustical music (and this was in a harsh environmet as well).
    The rental guy that hired me told me it doesn't have glitches or malfunctions. Great interface, only a few minutes to learn the essentials if you're already familiar with digital mixers.
    I'm used to LS9, iLive and DM1000. This one is the most friendly. Really cheap.

9. seamonkey

seamonkey

Behringer just introduced powered cabs that connect with Cat5
    Now their mixer, and stage boxes, monitor mixes, cabinets, ..., all connect with Cat5

Something tells me that Ethernet ports on Mixers, even this Presounus, is more than just for Ethernet. I expect some good compatibility between manufacturers, some cooperation to standardize on protocols and work together.

10. modulusman

modulusman

11. Wadge

Wadge

This is quite cool. I have the 24.4.2 and this has features I'd like in my own board, simpler wireless control being one of them

12. seamonkey

seamonkey

Those look incredible!
    Nice features that integrate perfectly with their mixers
    These companies are really thinking this stuff through.

13. SteveC

SteveC

The ability to remote mix without needing a computer is great.

14. TimmyP

TimmyP

The 32 has many nice improvements. Gonna be touch to convince me to get that over an X32 though.

15. Keithwah

Keithwah Supporting Member

I saw him out in Vegas last summer at the Fulcrum booth, and had put some of the Fulcrum's into a few jobs. They are really nice stuff, great subs too, I haven't heard the Presonus/Fulcrum boxes yet, but be guaranteed they probably will get some QSC K-series guys trading in. I know I'll put my PRX's up in a minute if the Presonus boxes sound as good as I am sure they will.

16. Big_Daws

Big_Daws

the new 32 channel digital soundcraft is at around $600 more than the X32. i haven't and kind of firmed pricing comparisons just yet, cos i have to wait until NAMM is over, but im guessing that the 32ch presonus is going to be around the same price point...

that being said, if the soundcraft exression series and the presonus Studio live series are all around the same price point, personally i would be picking the soundcraft (from seeing it on paper)...

http://www.soundcraft.com/products/product.aspx?pid=191

17. modulusman

modulusman

IIRC I read on the internet yesterday that the Presonus is about $4000.00