1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Pressurewounds making my wrist hurt?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by mr sprocket, Feb 24, 2013.

1. mr sprocket

mr sprocket Supporting Member

I recently switched from Elixirs to pressurewounds on my Ibanez SR5XX. I was expecting some tension difference but after playing this weekend it is making my wrist hurt. Anyone else have this happen? I can pick one of my other basses with Elixers or DR Neons and it doe snot bother me as much. Maybe I have just grown wimpy in my playing strength.
  2. Ezmar

Ezmar

I don't have much experience with pressurewounds, but maybe they sound duller than normal coated rounds and you're overcompensating?

Just an uninformed thought.
  3. khutch

khutch Praise Harp Supporting Member

I have Pressure Wounds on one bass. They are a little brighter than flats and make way more finger noise. They don't make my wrist hurt. I can't think of any reason why they should. Maybe you have a temporary wrist problem and the issue will go away when it heals up.

Ken
  4. mr sprocket

I khutch I did not think the tension would be that different on the pressurewounds. I am liking the sound though.
  5. BogeyBass

BogeyBass

that sounds odd

do you play your bass really low?

sounds like you might have already played in a position that would cause wrist problems, and the newer strings finally made it more obvious?

just guessing here.
  6. mr sprocket

I am wondering about that. I broke my wrist in high school and have bad position to work with. I give it a few days and then try again.
  7. hotbass57

hotbass57

I broke my hand 1 year ago. I tried pressure wound, but didn't like the tension. I love flats but can't use them because of the tension. I have switched to DR and GHS Infinity coated and love them. Less string noise and lower tension. I haven't experienced the stickeness some have experienced. BSLO have the GHS Infinity coated for $8/set. Awesome string.