1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Presto Balance

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by TonyD, Dec 24, 2012.

1. TonyD

TonyD

Hi there,

I did a complete search on TB, but I would like to actualize this thread. Any new experiences on Presto Blance - Hybrid or Orchestra?

I certainly like the arco version (Hybrid medium) on:

http://www.hervejeanne.de/saitenmatrix.php

and these strings are not very expensive. So maybe, there are the ones we are all looking for .... :hyper:

Thanks,
    TonyD

2. DoubleMIDI

DoubleMIDI

I just got a used set of Presto Balance Hybrid Medium and these are rather low tension strings (I would guess similar to Velvet Garbo/Anima).
    They are a bit too short for my 110cm 5-string, so I put them on a Stagg EUB (the only 4-string bass I have) and they felt rather similar in tension to the Stagg stock strings. A bit better in quality of course.
    They may need a bit higher action than Spiros. Very flexible and nice to bow.

3. Dr. Jake

Dr. Jake

Anyone know where to find the Presto Balance Hybrid Mediums in the US?

4. DoubleMIDI

DoubleMIDI

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. TonyD

TonyD

7. musicmaxbezanso

musicmaxbezanso

Does anyone who has experience playing the Presto Balance Hybrid (Medium gage, preferably) strings have any comment as to their upper register playing? I heard them on Herve Jeanne's (amazing) website and loved everything about their sound, EXCEPT that the thumb position playing sounded dumb, to be blunt. Almost muted. I'm wondering if this could have been just a product of the strings not agreeing particularly well with his bass, or if this is a problem many people have. Any info is greatly appreciated.