1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Price for a custom shop Jazz bass? Geddy Lee specs

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Presto2112, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Presto2112

Presto2112

Does anyone know how much it would cost for a bass like Geddy's red one? I don't want anything extra like a preamp or anything just a reissue (closest classic). I'm debating whether to save for one.
  2. PazzoBasso

PazzoBasso

I'm guessing 3 to 5k... But you should contact an authorized Fender CS dealer for a quote...

I would buy a GL signature or a USA deluxe (with bound blocked neck) & have a custom made body (maybe Warmoth).

Although the Fender CS stuff is very good & you likely wouldn't be disappointed with the finished piece.
  3. Presto2112

Presto2112

with that money I could just buy a 72' jazz bass haha which is on my wishlist. I've been thinking about building one myself, how are all parts necks? GL and USA Deluxe necks are expensive sadly. I really dig the red flame top bass of Geddy's and his new Surf green one he's using on the new tour.
  4. PazzoBasso

PazzoBasso

I heard allparts necks are of decent quality but "chunky". I have no first hand experience with them.

Maybe a used GL - you'll have everything but the body... Or a Squier VM Jazz...