Price for a custom shop Jazz bass? Geddy Lee specs

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Presto2112, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Presto2112

Presto2112

Does anyone know how much it would cost for a bass like Geddy's red one? I don't want anything extra like a preamp or anything just a reissue (closest classic). I'm debating whether to save for one.
  2. PazzoBasso

PazzoBasso

I'm guessing 3 to 5k... But you should contact an authorized Fender CS dealer for a quote...

I would buy a GL signature or a USA deluxe (with bound blocked neck) & have a custom made body (maybe Warmoth).

Although the Fender CS stuff is very good & you likely wouldn't be disappointed with the finished piece.
  3. Presto2112

Presto2112

with that money I could just buy a 72' jazz bass haha which is on my wishlist. I've been thinking about building one myself, how are all parts necks? GL and USA Deluxe necks are expensive sadly. I really dig the red flame top bass of Geddy's and his new Surf green one he's using on the new tour.
  4. PazzoBasso

PazzoBasso

I heard allparts necks are of decent quality but "chunky". I have no first hand experience with them.

Maybe a used GL - you'll have everything but the body... Or a Squier VM Jazz...
  5. Register to disable this ad